Big Chili Burger
by TGC Staff | July 24, 2002 12:00 am
Makes 4 servings
- 8 oz. extra lean ground sirloin
- 1/2 cup canned fat-free refried beans
- 2 Tbsp. minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl, lightly mix together meat and beans with a fork until well combined. Mix in onion, garlic, jalapeño, chili powder, salt and pepper. (Be careful not to over-mix or you will end up with a tightly-compacted mixture that tastes unpleasant; it should be light.) Gently form mixture into four 4-inch patties.
- Cook burgers on pre-heated grill or ridged grill pan, turning them once, until a meat thermometer inserted in their centers registers 160 degrees (about 8 to 10 minutes). Hot burgers crumble easily, so handle carefully, using a wide spatula.
- Serve immediately, preferably on toasted buns, topped with sliced tomato and onion plus some well-drained salsa.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
3 g. total fat (1 g. saturated fat),
6 g. carbohydrate,
13 g. protein,
2 g. dietary fiber,
444 mg. sodium
Source URL: http://tgcmagazine.com/big-chili-burger/
Copyright ©2018 Gourmet Connection Magazine unless otherwise noted.