Chestnut-Stuffed Pork Roast
by TGC Staff | December 19, 2013 12:00 am
Make the holiday meal special with this stuffed roast.
- 5 pound pork loin roast, boneless, double tied
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shallots, OR onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1 (15 oz-can) chestnuts, drained
- 2 teaspoons drippings
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Untie roast, open and pound lightly to even thickness.
- Cook celery and shallots (or onion) in butter until tender. Combine with ground pork, parsley, brandy and seasonings. Spread over roast. Lay a row of chestnuts down the center of stuffing. Chop remaining chestnuts finely and set aside. Roll meat around chestnuts and tie firmly. Roast in a 350 degree F. oven 1-1/2 hours (about 20 minutes per pound) or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from oven; let rest about 10 minutes.
- Pour off extra fat; measure 2 tablespoons. Stir flour into the 2 tablespoons fat. Add chicken broth, cook and stir until mixture thickens. Add reserved chopped chestnuts, parsley and brandy. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve gravy with roast.
Source URL: http://tgcmagazine.com/chestnut-stuffed-pork-roast/
Copyright ©2018 Gourmet Connection Magazine unless otherwise noted.