Grilled Summer Corn and Sugar Snap Pea Salad
by TGC Staff | July 5, 2001 12:00 am
Prep Time: 15 minutes – Cost: $
“Servings: 6-8 – Difficulty Level: 2
- 4 ears of corn - as fresh as possible
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion - diced
- 1 chili pepper (very hot) - diced (such as serrano, habanero or jalapeno)
- 2 teaspoons cumin seed - ground
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas - cut in thirds
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley leaves - chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Peel the husks from the corn and remove the silk. On a very hot grill, cook the corn to blister and lightly char. Carefully cut the corn kernels from the cob.
- Heat a 2-quart saucepan over a medium heat and add the olive oil. Add the onion and chili pepper, cooking until the onions become translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Add the cumin and cook for 30 seconds. Add the sugar snap peas and cook for about 3 minutes to "off" the rawness of the peas. Remove from heat, mix in the corn, the red wine vinegar, and parsley, then season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or cold.
Source: The Farmer’s Market Cookbook
Source URL: http://tgcmagazine.com/grilled-summer-corn-and-sugar-snap-pea-salad/
Copyright ©2018 Gourmet Connection Magazine unless otherwise noted.