Hummus Food Hacks to Snack On
by TGC Staff | May 2, 2016 5:16 pm
When you get home from work, instead of snacking on junk food, reach for a healthy alternative that you can get on the table quickly to satisfy your hunger while you prepare the main meal.
Gather around the kitchen counter with your family and share stories about the day while enjoying better-for-you foods like Hummus with sliced vegetables – which are easy to prepare and refrigerate ahead of time – or a tray of assorted crackers and flavorful cheese. To make it even easier on yourself, keep already-prepared Sabra hummus in your fridge (available in over a dozen flavors).
But if you’re looking for something a little more savory, but can still be ready fast, then try this hummus queso dip with chips or a warm French loaf topped with a creamy, garlicky hummus spread.
Hummus Garlic Bread
- 1 loaf French bread, about 12-14 inches long
- 1 container Sabra Roasted Garlic Hummus
- 1 – 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat broiler. Slice French bread in half length-wise. Set aside.
- Mix Sabra Roasted Garlic Hummus and garlic together in small mixing bowl.
- Spread hummus mixture on French bread halves.
- Place bread on baking sheet. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Broil bread on wire baking rack located in the middle of the oven, not too close to the broiler. Broil 2-5 minutes or until edges are crispy and cheese is browning. Watch bread closely as broilers vary greatly in their timing.
- Cut each half of bread into quarters. Serve warm.
Spicy Hummus Queso Dip
- 1/2 cup Sabra Supremely Spicy Hummus
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- chopped tomatoes
- chips or vegetables
- In small pot, whisk together hummus and milk.
- Bring to boil over high heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese a little at a time until fully melted and incorporated.
- Stir in tomato and serve immediately with cilantro, chopped tomatoes and chips or vegetables.
Source: Sabra (find more appetizer inspiration at Sabra.com)
- Sabra.com: http://sabra.com/
Source URL: http://tgcmagazine.com/hummus-appetizer-food-hacks/
Copyright ©2018 Gourmet Connection Magazine unless otherwise noted.