Melissa d’Arabian’s BBQ Blade Steak Papillotes
by TGC Staff | July 21, 2011 12:00 am
As the host of the Food Network's "10 Dollar Dinners," d'Arabian knows how to master the flames. To keep things fresh during the summer months, she has fired up recipes that equate to the perfect grilling trinity – minimal ingredients, quick preparation and maximum flavor.
BBQ Blade Steak Papillotes
- 2 pork shoulder blade steaks
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup commercial or homemade barbecue sauce
- Vegetable oil, for brushing meat
- Salt and pepper
- 4 large squares heavy duty foil
- Cut each blade steak into four chunks of approximately equal size. Salt and pepper the steak and brush with vegetable oil.
- Heat grill and season grill with towel dipped in vegetable oil (use tongs for safety). Cook the pork pieces on the grill just enough to char both sides (about 1-2 minutes per side).
- In the center of each foil square, divide the onion and lime slices, layering them evenly into four portions. Divide the pork among the foil pieces and top each with a tablespoon of barbecue sauce.
- Close up the foil packets, leaving space between foil and meat for steam to circulate, but folded tightly to keep steam in. Cook foil packets on the grill over indirect heat for 45-60 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 155 degree F.
- Serve each person their own barbecue packet along with a grilled bun or baguette.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Ease of preparation: Easy
Nutrition Information Per Serving:
Saturated Fat: 3.5g
Source URL: http://tgcmagazine.com/melissa-darabians-bbq-blade-steak-papillotes/
Copyright ©2018 Gourmet Connection Magazine unless otherwise noted.