Recipe Files :
Prep Time: 15 Minutes - Cost: $$
Yield: 12 stuffed mussels - Difficulty Level: 2
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon finely chopped lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 12 green-lip mussels on the half shell
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs, roasted red pepper, parsley, oregano, lemon zest, and 1/2 tablespoon of the Parmesan. Stir in the wine. Press the garlic into the bowl and mix. Mound a generous 1 tablespoon of the mixture onto each mussel and top with 1/8 teaspoon cheese.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then broil for 2 to 3 minutes, until well browned. Serve with lemon wedges.
Source: 99% Fat-Free Italian Cooking